My name is Annie and I have a problem. I’m addicted to buying makeup and I’m not rich enough to have this problem!
The last 7 days have been crazy in the world of makeup. There’s been so many launches happening! I want to share my stressful experiences with you. How has it been for you guys? We’ve had the launch of Jeffree Star’s Beauty Killer Palette, Skin Frosts, Becca’s collaboration with Jaclyn Hill and the constant Kylie restocks! Are y’all ready for June?? More makeup madness!
I know there will be loads of you reading this who can relate to me. Don’t be shy – tell me who you are!!
It’s like an adrenaline rush. I’ve never been into extreme sports, but I’m into buying makeup and for me – it’s practically the same thing!
I’ve been feeling all types of nervous, jittery and basically on edge! There is so much careful planning involved around these big releases. Here are a few of my top tips to ensure you get what you need:
- Pre plan where you will be
- Make sure you have access to a PC as smart phones are not always reliable
- Memorise your card details for quicker checkout or pay via Paypal if there is an option
- Draw up a makeup calender in advance so you know what’s out when
- Save a stash of money aside to fund this addiction!
There’s so much disappointment when you miss out on something and believe me it’s happened to me on many occasions. I can’t even begin to describe my sadness when I missed out on something this week 😦 Then there’s the buzz of actually getting the item and that feeling of relief when you’ve checked out.
If you love makeup like me, check out a few of my favourite makeup blogs to read:
These girls know what’s hot and keep on top of all the releases like me!
So what’s over rated right now? These are my opinions only..
- Morphe 35o Shimmer and Matte Palettes
- Too Faced Sweet Peach and Peanut Butter Palette
- Violet Voss Palettes (Drenched Metal and Holy Grail)
Don’t always buy into the hype. I know I do a lot of reviews and tell you what’s hot and what’s not, but that doesn’t mean you have to buy everything. I review these products for you as comparisons and provide information on the product and how it can help you. A lot of the time you will find products over ‘over hyped’ on Instagram. Despite my raving reviews on the Kylie Lip Kits there has been a lot of controversy surrounding the brand. The formula is practically the same as ColourPop! If your not overly fussed, then save your money girls and get the ColourPop Ultra Matte lipsticks. I am the kind of person that will buy into the hype, but purely because I want to see what the fuss is about and of course to review the product for you.
So what’s hot right now?
- Becca and Jaclyn Hill Face Palette (hitting the UK on June 21st)
- Jeffree Star Cosmetics Skin Frosts – Huge pans, great value for money. I will really put these to the test as soon as they hit my doorstep.
I am waiting on these products to be delivered to me – as soon as I get them, you can expect a review and a first impressions blog post.
Tell me what your loving right now and what your not!
Until next time makeup lovers! XO