Thanks for stopping by. Makeup and beauty is my PASSION! I live and breathe it 24/7. I work with all kinds of products on a daily basis and have a lot of knowledge of the skin and how particular products work. I wanted to put everything I love into one space and along came my little blog.
Musings of a Makeup Junkie is a UK based website dedicated to all things makeup and beauty related as well as lifestyle. I update this website frequently on posts that interest my readers. I offer honest reviews and opinions. I am not sponsored or affiliated with any of the brands mentioned. If I am, I will clearly state at the start of the post (please see my disclaimer for more information)
If you’d like to work with me, pop me an email right here: email@example.com
FAQ and MORE about me!
- I have oily to combination skin and suffer from blemishes
- My hair is naturally curly, dry on the ends if not styled properly
- I am Blonde (not natural of course!)
- Skin tone: I have light/medium skin with a yellow undertone, and in Mac I wear Mac NW25, Armani Silk Luminous 5.50, Nars Medium 1 Punjab, Chanel 20 Clair, Dior Star 032 Rosy Beige.
- I apply my foundation mostly using a Beauty Blender
- My concealer is applied using a Beauty Blender, it helps to keep the creases at bay
- My favourite concealer is anything by TARTE!
- I use an iPhone 8s Plus to take all my pictures
- Pictures are edited to brighten/add contrast
- I do not photoshop my own pictures. I use a filter at most
- I wear coloured contact lenses sometimes. This enhances eye makeup
- MAC was my first love
- My desert island product is brow pencil
- I always double cleanse when removing my makeup
- I highly encourage a skincare regime
- I drink LOTS of water to keep my skin looking good
- I like to mix my brands when applying makeup
FAQ I get asked ALL the time: A really good website to help you match your foundation colour if you are purchasing online is matchmymakeup.com. You type in your current foundation and it will generate a list of foundations from other leading big brand names to match your skin type. If you are a little unsure, you can always pop to your local counter and try a sample first.
If you have any other questions, I would love to hear from you! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lip products are wear tested over a five wear period.
- Foundation/Concealer/Primers I will test over a full week using only that product.
- Powder products (face/cheeks/eyes) are tested twice once with a primer and once without.
- Shampoo/Conditioner – I have a seven wash rule before making any judgement.
- Hair styling products – These will be used at least three times before I share my thoughts.
- Skin Care – I will test the product for as long as it claims it needs to be used to see any benefits, if it doesn’t make any claims I trial it over a month.