Thanks for stopping by. Makeup and beauty is my PASSION! I live and breathe it 24/7. I work with all kinds of products on a daily basis and have a fair amount of knowledge of the skin and how particular products work. I wanted to put everything I love into one space and along came my little blog.
Musings of a Makeup Junkie is a UK based website dedicated to all things makeup and beauty related. I update this website frequently on posts that interest my readers. I offer honest reviews and opinions. I am not sponsored or affiliated with any of the brands mentioned. If I am, I will clearly state at the start of the post (please see my disclaimer for more info)
For my readers reference:
- I have oily to combination skin and suffer from blemishes
- My hair is naturally curly, dry on the ends and fine if not styled properly
- Skin tone: I have light/medium skin with a yellow undertone, and in Mac I wear Mac NW25, Armani Silk Luminous 5.50, Nars Medium 1 Punjab, Chanel 20 Clair, Dior Star 032 Rosy Beige, Makeup Forever HD 118
- I apply my foundation always with a Beauty Blender
- My concealer is always applied using a Beauty Blender, or a mini flat foundation brush. It helps to keep the creases at bay
A really good website to help you match your foundation colour if you are purchasing online is matchmymakeup.com. You type in your current foundation and it will generate a list of foundations from other leading big brand names to match your skin type. If you are a little unsure, you can always pop to your local counter and try a sample first.
- Lip products are wear tested over a five wear period.
- Foundation/Concealer/Primers I will test over a full week using only that product.
- Powder products (face/cheeks/eyes) are tested twice once with a primer and once without.
- Shampoo/Conditioner – I have a seven wash rule before making any judgement.
- Hair styling products – These will be used at least three times before I share my thoughts.
- Skin Care – I will test the product for as long as it claims it needs to be used to see any benefits, if it doesn’t make any claims I trial it over a month.